Friday, January 14, 2011

Super Fattening Taco Salad In A Deep Fried Bowl...

... has no place in my house.  :-)


I've never been big on the traditional taco salad that you generally find in Mexican restaurants and Taco Bell, but the other night I was trying to figure out what I wanted to have for dinner and the only thing that kept popping into my head was taco salad.  I have no idea why, but that's what it was - a big, fat, honking taco salad.  I knew there was no way to have it the traditional way, so I set about figuring out how to WW-ify it.  I ended up using ground turkey breast instead of beef (YUM-O!  I love how it's not greasy!) and the traditional seasoning, but instead of putting it in the deep-fried bowl, I literally spilled half a bag of lettuce on a plate and tossed 1/4 of the pan of ground turkey on top.  I also diced half an onion and tossed that on, a pinch of RF cheese and some light sour cream and the whole thing wound up being 6 points!  I was thrilled, because I really didn't notice anything different with the taste (except for less grease from the meat).  I had two servings for a tidy little dinner of 12 points and I was totally satisifed.

I had another totally yummy dinner tonight!  Tim and Jacob came up to Altamonte and Punkin and I met them at Chili's.  I probably spent an hour today going over all the NI from the Chili's website so I would know what I could get.  I figured out the points for everything I felt I could have (under 20 pts) and highlighted it, so I would know my choices.  I was pretty convinced I was going to get the Guiltless Grill sirloin, but I saw it only came with a small side of veggies and I really wanted something more hearty.  So I got the Margarita Chicken (with beans and rice) for 15 points, and a house salad for 4 (I skipped the cheese and had low-fat ranch).  I was stuffed before I was done, but I made it a point to finish my chicken because, gosh-darn-it, I was gonna eat every single point of that yummy food.  I finally had to stop with about two mouthfuls of beans left.

But you know the greatest victory about the evening?  Tim and Jacob ordered chips and salsa and the two of them ate two baskets.  But I didn't touch a single one.  Go on, pat me on the back. :-)

Oh, and to end on a super positive note, I weighed-in today.  And guess what?

I'm down 2 more pounds.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment