Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tummy trouble and grilled veggie sammitches

My stomach is really hurting tonight.  I have no idea why.  I didn't eat anything funky at all.  Everything I put in my mouth today has gone in there before without incident, so I don't know what's up.  I was super hungry after school because I didn't take an afternoon snack in my lunch bag, so I had some of those chocolate animal crackers I bought the other night.  It's 3 points for a serving, but I don't mind because they taste good and take the edge off my chocolate cravings.  After I picked Punkin up, we stopped at Albertson's because I wanted veggies, and between the two of us we almost completely cleaned out a bowl of fresh pineapple chunks - SO good!  I hope my mom's pineapple plants haven't died in all the freezes we've had this year, because there is nothing like fresh pineapple! 

Anyway, on the way home I stopped at TB and got Punkin a taco because she had been asking for it and I don't mind letting her have one every now and then.  I made myself grilled veggie sandwiches for dinner - toasted hoagie roll (4 pts) brushed with Italian dressing (2 pts) and topped with grilled zucchini, carrots, onions, and mushrooms (0 pts).  It was really good, but after eating the second one my stomach was killing me and it still is more than an hour later.  I don't know why, but I do know that they tasted yummy.  And they're fairly low points for a dinner, especially a filling one that is so healthy!  I didn't use any oil at all to cook the veggies, just sprayed my grill pan with Pam before I tossed everything on.  It would be so nice to live in a house one day where I can have a real grill and cook outside.  I LOVE grilled food, but it certainly doesn't taste the same when you grill on a grill pan on your stove.

I'm pretty proud of myself for how well I've done on WW.  Today is the 18th, so I've been OP 15 days and haven't cheated once, and I've tracked every day.  Normally at this point I'd be thinking about my "cheat day" but I don't even want one.  I want to stay on this plan, to eat healthy, and to lose the weight.  I think I might allow myself a cheat day once I hit 270 pounds - and the "cheat" will be going to Sweet Tomatoes, lol.  I don't know why, but 270 seems to be some sort of magic number for me. I think because last time I did WW, I quit before I got to that point.  I think I quit somewhere around 278 because I started to get cold feet about losing too much weight (WTF is THAT all about?!?).  But I want to see 270 on that scale... so bad I can taste it.  And even more so, I want to see 250.  I know it will be a while before I get there, though, so I'm not gonna freak out if I don't see it before February.  Actually, if I lose an average of 2 pounds per week (some weeks more, some weeks less, as long as I'm OP) I could theoretically be down to 250 by my birthday!  And what a 30th birthday present that would be to myself!

Ooh, now I'm even more excited!  Time to go pack my lunchbox for tomorrow!  Then off to lay down and hopefully cure this stomachache.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job K! I am so proud of you for trying so hard. Any ideas on a way to add protein to the sandwhich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love reading it
    I'm really tall and love recycling too ( oh and I'm blogging and trying to lose weight and get fitter too.)
    I'd love to follow your blog
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete