Saturday, May 8, 2010

BEYOND exhausted

The last time I felt this physically drained was the day I moved into this apartment.  We spent three hours going up and down three flights of stairs carrying boxes and heavy furniture, then drove across town and spent three hours going up and down a flight of stairs carrying boxes and heavy furniture in the pouring rain.  When I went to bed that night, my muscles hurt so bad it took me hours to fall asleep. Then once I actually dropped off into the land of noddy-blinky, I slept so hard I woke up with a massive headache.

Before then, I can't remember when I last felt so drained.

I really wanted to try a class at the gym this morning, but they weren't doing anything I felt physically prepared to do.  So I decided to just go and try some of the cardio machines like Megan told me to.  I actually got there around 10 this morning, which in itself is odd since I'm not a morning person.  But I really wanted to get there and get it done so I could enjoy the rest of the day.  I wanted to go to the Humane Society and look at dogs and I wanted to take Julianne swimming, and I figured swimming would feel great after I was done working out.

Once I got there and got Julianne settled in the kid's area, I did the elliptical first.  I had decided I would do each machine for 10 minutes and then move on to weight training, but evidently my body had other plans.  I started on the elliptical and did the ten minutes, plus about 3 minutes of cool-down, and burned 178 calories.  I was pretty pleased with that!

Then I decided to move on to that other machine... I don't know the name.... the one that looks like the elliptical?  Anyway... that thing SUCKS.  Do you hear me?  It SUCKS.  It was killing my legs and I couldn't seem to control the speed... I don't know if it was just the way my body works or if I picked the wrong setting, but I only burned 68 calories on that one before I had to get off.  I moved to the bike, but it was working the same muscles as the previous machine and it kept upping the resistance and by the time I hit 40 calories I was dying.  I pushed through to 50, but at that point I was ready to lay on the floor right there in the gym and die.

I needed a break from the cardio machines, so I decided to head to the weight training.  I did biceps, triceps, deltoids, traps, chest press, shoulder press, ab press... my muscles were KILLING me.  They hurt so bad and I was starting to get nauseated, so I decided to finish up on the treadmill, then go home and die in the privacy of my own bedroom.  I burned 124 calories on the treadmill (damn that last stubborn calorie!) and then I was done.  Altogether I burned 419 calories (not including the weight training) and I'll tell you that right now I'm ready to drop.  I'm taking tomorrow off because it's Mother's Day, but Monday afternoon I have my next training session with Megan.  I'm anxious to see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. So what does your trainer have you doing and do you feel like it was worth your time?

    ReplyDelete