Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Off to a good start!

I stopped by the gym on my way hjome from work today.  I signed up at the Altamonte location, but the Apopka location (which, who are we kidding here, is really in Altamonte too) is the one I pass on my way home.  So I brought my workout stuff and went there immediately after school.  I dropped Julianne in the Kid's Club and she seemed much more comfortable there than she did in the Altamonte one yesterday, so that's something for me to keep in mind because it really bothered me yesterday to see her sitting on the side of the room, away from everyone else.

Since I haven't had my training session yet, I honestly didn't really know where to start.  But I decided to just do my old standby.  I got on the treadmill and set it for 10 minutes, but I accidentally pulled the kill switch so I don't know exactly how long I was on, even though I think it was around 7 minutes.  I got back on and set the timer back to 5 and finished it up.  The stupid machine kept putting my incline and speed down because it didn't like that my heart rate was 130-140 when it wanted me to be at 125.  So I think next time I go I'm going to pick a different program than the fat burning one.

After the treadmill, I got on the elliptical.  I like that machine.  It makes me feel like I'm running without the pounding on my knees.  Plus, I burn a lot of calories on it.  And that one doesn't mind if my heart rate is 40 or 240, so I can go at my own pace.  I spent a little over 10 minutes on that one.

After that I went over to a fun looking machine and decided to give it a shot.  It wasn't so fun.  I think it was designed to torture people.

I wanted to get in some weight training, so I did some machines that looked relatively easy to use and had clearly posted instructions.  I worked on the shoulder press, something that worked on my inner thighs and something else that worked on the outer thighs.  I feel pretty drained, which I guess is the mark of a successful workout.  I don't think I'm going tomorrow, especially since the guy I talked to yesterday told me 3 days would be enough for me.  So today, Thursday with my trainer, and probably Saturday morning.

I'm on my way.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment